Wednesday, November 30, 2011

PS3 5th Anniversary: Share Your Memorable Gaming Moments!

AppId is over the quota
AppId is over the quota

Howdy fellow PlayStation gamers. The month of November marks the fifth anniversary of Sony’s PlayStation 3,only in North America and Japan. The system didn’t launch until 2007 in Europe as we’re sure you may remember. But that doesn’t mean our fellow gamers from across the pond can’t mark the occasion as well. The PS3 got off to a rocky start in 2006 however, thanks to the support of gamers and developers Sony’s successor to the PS2 survived through the rough stages of its life cycle.

To celebrate we here at the blog decided to share our top PS3 gaming moments. We ask our readers to do the same if they like. Which game made you go “Wow! Did that just happen?!” or which PS3 game has provided the most entertainment for you, your friends or family? Share it here!

Jay: My 60GB PS3 getting the YLOD the day before my GT5 tournament. And the subsequent 3-4 month wait to have it repaired by GopherMods for an RSX reball, which has done a wonderful job and my PS3 hasn’t had any problems since. Getting my original PS3 back was reminiscent of the day I got it brand new. Except I had more games to play. And I was used to the amazing graphical capabilities already lol.

Sakinah: My favorite gaming moment on the PS3 occurred a few years ago during Little Big Planet. This was before our local phone company upgraded its Internet service from dial-up to DSL. I needed a little extra sacks to unlock the x3 and x4 prize bubbles so I got my younger brother ( the Xbox owner who never played LBP before ) and older sister ( the occasional gamer who loves LBP ) to help. We all were having a blast with the game even though we died a lot. It was one of those fun family moments that don’t happen to often and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Cheeto: I am a new PS3 user. There is a good story how I got my PS3. I remember that my wife just gave birth to our second daughter ”Maya” and I was heading home to grab a few things. I saw this small appliance shop right next to the hospital entrance and I remembered that she needed a hair dryer, so I stopped by, grabbed one really quick and on my way out I saw this medium sized box near the shop’s entrance with the PlayStation logo on top, so I asked the owner what is it and he said ”if I recall correctly” ”Some rich kid decided that he wants a Wii instead of a PS3, so he traded this back.

He only had it for one week”. I took the PS3 out of the box. It was barley touched 320GB model with a Dualshock 3 controller and a copy of LittleBigPlanet and inFamous. The guy gave me an offer I couldn’t refuse. I purchased the PS3, left the hair dryer behind since I didn’t have enough cash on me, then rushed back to the hospital. My wife asked me: is this the hair dryer? I said: no honey, this is much more! I will always remember May 27th 2011 as the day Maya was born and the day I purchased my first PS3!

Tosh: Some of my favorite PS3 moments are recent ones. When I got Kung-Fu live, it was such a treat and a workout! It offered something unique and new. It loved showing it to my friends and family.

Then a sequel to You Don’t Know Jack was released on the PS3 this year. This is the best party game hands down for me. I was really impressed by the game. It’s a blast to play with a group. There is always fits of laughter every time. I highly recommend picking up this game. It’s cheap, but has a lot of value!

This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 23rd, 2011 and is filed under Community. You can follow any responses to this entry through RSS 2.0.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment